Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

evOwnerSketchPlane not working

cory_isaacsoncory_isaacson Member, Developers Posts: 43 PRO
I cannot get evOwnerSketchPlane to work. I give it a query for a body that was extruded from a single sketch, and it gives me the CANNOT_RESOLVE_PLANE, which according to the doc means that the entity was not created from a sketch. It says you should be able to pass a vertex, body, etc.

Best Answer

Answers

• cory_isaacsoncory_isaacson Member, Developers Posts: 43 PRO
    I worked around this by using qParallelPlanes, but seems like a lot more work than I should have to do.
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    The vertex face or body must be from the sketch not the extrude. The function returns the sketch plane that belongs to a sketch entity that you pass into it. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
    I see. Is there an easy way then from a part to get the sketch that created it?
    Thanks, that helps.