Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Can't change OS login password

mark_biasottimark_biasotti Member Posts: 123 ✭✭✭
edited August 2014 in Account and subscriptions
Has anyone else been able to change their login password ( for OS cad - not forum) using the user profile? I seem to have changed mine using edit profile but when I try to log back in, it doesn't take.

M

Answers

• Options
    andy_morrisandy_morris Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 87
    I have changed my password and it worked for me.
    After you save changes it should display an alert message below the button confirming the changes. Do you see that alert?
    Andy Morris / Head of Product Design / Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    Hi Andy,
    When I go to my profile and view it I enter my old password then type in my new password and then re-enter my new password and click save and it displays a message "Profile has been saved." - but still, I logout and then log back in with my new password and I can not.

M
  • Options
    joe_dunnejoe_dunne Onshape Employees, Developers, csevp Posts: 198
    Hey Mark

We have to get to the bottom of this once and for all. You, of course, are the only one we are aware of, having this issue :) I am going to ping you personally to follow up.

Joe
    Joe Dunne / Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    @‌joe

You, of course, are the only one we are aware of, having this issue...

Yeah, story of my life :s

But then there are only 100 or so of us; it will occur again with someone else as your audience goes.

M
  • Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    There are many more than 100, however I am starting to believe there is something catching the email or preventing it from going out. We have a few of those issues but it is usually a wrong email used. In your case, I watched you do it so I know there is something else going on. We will find the way but there is no reason you cannot reset it from within your profile page when logged into Onshape. If that fails, we need to figure out if there is some char that is causing an issue. Not sure that is even possible....
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    RepairmanRepairman Member Posts: 3
    Just got here and have to say the password setup between OnShape and the forums is confusing. Are they two different ones or do they get merged somewhere? I hope I can log on to OnShape again after I leave here for the day.
  • Options
    john_rousseaujohn_rousseau Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 358
    There is single sign on (SSO) between Onshape and the forums. If you are logged into Onshape (at cad.onshape.com), you should be able to go right into the forums without supplying your credentials again.
    John Rousseau / VP, Technical Operations / Onshape Inc.
  • Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    Haven't changed password so no comments for that but SSO works for me, sometimes I see message in the forum where is my username and sign in box. Never had to write credentials twice.

Can't find a way to make chrome remember my credentials in cad login. Is there something that prevents chrome from saving username/passwd?
    Firefox remembers my credentials and they will show up as I begin typing.
    //rami
  • Options
    david_sohlstromdavid_sohlstrom Member, Mentor Posts: 159 ✭✭✭
    @3dcad When I click on my saved bookmark for Onshape sign in on Chrome bookmark bar the sign in screen has my user name and PW filled in and just click on log in and I'm in. Trouble is I don't know what I did to have this happen every time I go to the sign in page.

Dave
    David Sohlstrom

Ariel, WA
  • Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    Yep, I think I have hit 'Don't remember' -button in first login and now having difficulties to find where to undo this..
    //rami