Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

More Noticeable Input Fields

john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,898 PRO

Can we have the text right justified when its just a label, or something more noticeable?
My eyes skip over these fields pretty often because they look like they have information in them.

This is more of a problem because the input window is glitchy. You will be selecting something for one field, then it sometimes jumps to another field.
Example Patterns:
First field is entities, second is direction.
So you select your entity, then click the direction field, then select an edge, then you look up and wonder why it is still red. And low and behold you just added another part to the entities field.

This may have something to do with lag, or clicking too fast on my end, but when it happens I have to look really closely what field is wrong, even though it's red, the text in the direction field just looks like there is a selection, and I'm going off memory what I intended to select.

I think something simple like seeing that blank area on the left side of the input field would help a lot during this slap in the face phase.

I don't think I'm alone on this one:
https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/6052/sheet-metal-cannot-resolve-entities-when-finishing#latest

Tagged: