Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Circular pattern fail

dannyidannyi Member Posts: 43
Pictured is the face pattern I'm trying to solve. Had no problem with the bigger one above this smaller one. I tried several attempts using different axis of patterns also. Being told that the "pattern could not be created on the same part". Why does the bigger one work but not the smaller one? 

Comments

• Options
    lanalana Onshape Employees Posts: 693
    edited March 2017
    Hard to tell without access to the model. If you can share the document with support, please file a bug with support. One experiment to try - change number of instances to match that in the first pattern (or be a divider of it), now the failure might be due to the instances falling in the  voids left by the first pattern.
  • Options
    leon_pootleon_poot Member, Developers Posts: 87 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Have you tried changing it into a Feature Pattern instead of Face Pattern?

Perhaps this thread could be of help, it might have to do with intersecting geometry.
    CIRCULAR PATTERN DID NOT REGENERATE PROPERLY: PATTERN COULD NOT BE CREATED ON THE SAME PART

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
  • Options
    dannyidannyi Member Posts: 43
    Thank you Lana and Leon for the feedback. I will definitely re-try it with your suggestions.
  • Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,898 PRO
    Just pointing out the obvious but, did you select an axis?