Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Delete Face (Highlight Faces not Edges)

owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
Hi folks.  A real small one this time.

I feel the current highlighting of eneties on the delete face tool could be improved.

Example here where I'm deleting all faces making up the channel cut into the top of this part.

Now when using the tool the outline edge of each face is indicated.  This makes it very hard to spot the face I've missed here preventing the operation from completing.

If we exit the delete face tool and just select the same faces in the partstudio then OS highlights the actual faces.  Now we can clearly see what I've done wrong...

(Suggestion 1) I feel the 2nd view would be more appropriate for the delete face tool.

(Suggestion 2) The "5+" enteties selected notification on the mouse pointer feels like a bit of a half hearted attempt.  Sometimes this is fine, but in this case and many others it would be nice to know the exact number of eneteties selected.

Cheers, Owen S.

Business Systems and Configuration Controller
HWM-Water Ltd
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @owen_sparks I am going to place this in feedback since this is more of a preference but I agree there is more we can do here.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,896 PRO
    +1

• Options
    MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    Hi folks.  A real small one this time.

I feel the current highlighting of eneties on the delete face tool could be improved.

Example here where I'm deleting all faces making up the channel cut into the top of this part.

Now when using the tool the outline edge of each face is indicated.  This makes it very hard to spot the face I've missed here preventing the operation from completing.

If we exit the delete face tool and just select the same faces in the partstudio then OS highlights the actual faces.  Now we can clearly see what I've done wrong...

(Suggestion 1) I feel the 2nd view would be more appropriate for the delete face tool.

(Suggestion 2) The "5+" enteties selected notification on the mouse pointer feels like a bit of a half hearted attempt.  Sometimes this is fine, but in this case and many others it would be nice to know the exact number of eneteties selected.

Cheers, Owen S.

+1 for both suggestions.
    The highlighting is the same as in the boolean feature :-(
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100