Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Smooth scrolling of lists

SledDriverSledDriver Member Posts: 116 ✭✭✭
When I scroll the Feature list, or the Parts list, the contents jump several rows at a time, making it difficult to keep your eye on what is happening.

Is it possibly to make these lists scroll smoothly and progressively so that it is easier to understand what is going on?

Comments

• Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @SledDriver This is not really an Onshape thing and can sometimes be related to the browser, extensions or drivers on the system.  Do you see lists not smooth due to progressive loading (for long lists)?
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,399
    @SledDriver if you are using your mouse wheel for scrolling, the browser will use your "number of lines to scroll" setting for your operating system. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    SledDriverSledDriver Member Posts: 116 ✭✭✭
    I use Chrome for virtually everything. I've tried setting the mouse wheel scroll to 1 line per wheel notch, but it makes no difference.

Web pages in general scroll smoothly on my system, but the Onshape Features and Parts list jump 3 rows at a time if I use the mouse wheel (even when the mouse wheel is set to 1 line per notch), and it makes them very hard to follow as you scroll down a list. This may sound trivial, but in practice it makes a big difference to the usability of Onshape.

If I grab the scroll bar of the Feature or Parts list, they scroll smoothly. It would be very useful if the mouse wheel delivered the same experience.

Lou, I can't see that this is related to loading long lists as it happens with any Feature or Parts list which is long enough to need scrolling, even if they are quite short overall.