Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How do I send a customer an animation?

terry_pipkinterry_pipkin Member Posts: 48 PRO
What is the simplest way to let a customer see an animation?
Is there a way to imbed an animation on our company's website?.

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    walterwalter Member Posts: 41 EDU
    nice

• Options
    philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    Nice gif @john_mcclary!!

Here is a tip for everyone - when dragging the 'section' manipulator to define a section view, if you drag by the circular origin, this will invoke Mate Connection points and allow you to slice exactly through the centerlines of things. Try it! Once you do, you will always do it! :)

Philip Thomas - Onshape
  • Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,900 PRO
    Nice tip @philip_thomas

I'll have to try that out
  • Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    edited June 2017
    What is 'the best' gif creator at the moment? Free vs paid? Editing possibilities? Learning curve?

The problem with all screen capture based animation is that you need to do it all over again if model is updated. This why I would strongly prefer Onshape taking a shot on this, world is filled with (de-)assembly instruction but lacking the software to create them efficiently.
    //rami
  • Options
    colemancoleman OS Professional Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    We need basic key framing in onshape so we can create animations.