Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

comment popup similar to Microsoft Excel comment box please

jeffrey_braggjeffrey_bragg Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
I'd like to see tab comments as well as workbook comments.  I'd also like to see dimensions have the option to add a comment, with the check-mark pop-up allowing the option of a 'caution, comment attached to protect the dimension.  This way in sketches, notes can be added more directly. 
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @jeffrey_bragg We are adding more ways to pin to a number of things inside of Onshape but all will be in the comments area.  Today we are keeping all communications at a per workspace/version area.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    I'm having trouble understanding how this fits comments in a technical drawing or print.  I need to be able to number my dimensions and then legend then at least or add a comment on the drawing to the effect of 'See detail XYZ' in an inset circle.
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,399
    In a drawing surely you would just use regular drawing notes that will print with the drawing?
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    how do you have the text stay the same size as the measurement then?
  • Options
    meaning as you zoom in and out the measurement stays the same size.