Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

3DConnexion Mouse and multiple axis motion

MaruMaru OS Professional Posts: 18 PRO
Is it just me or does the 3DConnexion mouse only seem to rotate/pan on one axis at a time?   It's a small detail, but if this is fixable it would be more optimal to be able to move through multiple axis at the same time rather than only one at a time.  For example I can't move in the X and Y at the same time.  Only X until I move Y far enough over to have that direction take president over X and then it jumps to moving along that path.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,399
    On Mac (don’t have windows machine to test) if you open the 3dconnexion control panel in preferences, there is a checkbox that affects this behaviour. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    With quick try below 'Dominant' setting made movement as you described on windows drivers.

//rami
  • Options
    adam_richardsonadam_richardson Member Posts: 34 ✭✭
    I have a Windows machine, mine came unchecked Dominant, and works fine for moving in multiple axes at once and is very smooth.
  • Options
    MaruMaru OS Professional Posts: 18 PRO
    Yep, that's the setting 3cad.  Thanks everyone sorry I didn't see this the first time, so much better now.
  • Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    Happy to help  o:)
    //rami