Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Sketch Copy

brian_pinder662brian_pinder662 Member Posts: 119 ✭✭
Could someone help please. I have created a sketch of a CSK woodscrew on the front plane which I have revolved. the sketch is complete and my part is created. As I would like to create screws of differing lengths I have tried to copy the sketch into another part studio. However when pasted The origins do not coincide , maybe I am missing something. Any advice would be appreciated.
Best Regards, Brian

Comments

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,399
    You need to use the sketch transform command to move the copied sketch to the correct place.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    brian_pinder662brian_pinder662 Member Posts: 119 ✭✭
    Thank you Neil. Been trying for at least 2 hours. (all part of learning curve)
  • Options
    Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    @brian_pinder662

You could also just "Duplicate" your part studio (by right clicking the tab at the bottom of the page), and then in the copy of the part studio, change the parameters you wish to change.
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team