Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape, CAD, maker project and design.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:

1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

About the Steam Iron model in the webinar videos

aaron_paaron_p Member Posts: 5 EDU
I was wondering if there is an example of the Steam Iron model that I could look over to try and understand how that kind of geometry is created in onshape. I have tried everything I can think of without success. Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• aaron_paaron_p Member Posts: 5 EDU
    should I have posted this elsewhere?

• john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers, Standard content EVP Posts: 453 PRO
    I appreciate the help, but the detail and curvature of the onshape model is what I'm wanting, it covers pretty much every surface modeling problem you would encounter and I just cant seem to find a starting point that leads in the right direction
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees, Configurations EVP, Standard content EVP Posts: 1,082
    Hi @aaron_p I will post the model tomorrow. It’s not perfect and given the time I would redo it, but it should give you some pointers. 
    Neil Cooke, Director of Technical Marketing, Onshape Inc.
    Thanks that would be great
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees, Configurations EVP, Standard content EVP Posts: 1,082
  • owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers, Configurations EVP, Standard content EVP Posts: 976 PRO
    Just when you think you've got the hang of Onshape someone goes and posts something like that!  Damn you Mr. Cooke!

On the other hand, nice work fella, and it's something to aim at in the future.

Thanks for sharing it.

Cheers, Owen S.
    Production Engineer
    HWM-Water Ltd
    Definitely more to the model than I expected. I was going about the design all wrong. Thanks Mr Cooke.