Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape, CAD, maker project and design.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:

1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How do you dimension a diameter on a line?!

kiarian_coohillkiarian_coohill Member Posts: 14
Fundamentals 3 - Exercise: Coffee Cup
Fallen at the first hurdle here. I can't figure out how to dimension this 125 diameter. It's a line. How do I go beyond the line to change the dim to a diameter?
I've read the hint, and I still haven't figured it out.

Comments

• kiarian_coohillkiarian_coohill Member Posts: 14
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees, Configurations EVP, Standard content EVP Posts: 1,165
    Place the dimension text on the other side of the centreline as shown in the picture. 
    Neil Cooke, Director of Technical Marketing, Onshape Inc.
    edited January 12
    NeilCooke said:
    Place the dimension text on the other side of the centreline as shown in the picture. 
    Got it. 'To the vertex indicated' threw me. Started to think was it the blue vertex, seeing as all the other vertices were black.
    OK. Can you tell me what's going on here? Why the slanted dimension line?

• michael_mcclainmichael_mcclain Member Posts: 29 PRO
    Double check if your centerline is vertical. Hit show constraints in the dialog and check for the vertical constraint. I think the dimension is slanting to follow the line angle. I cant see what else it would be following.
    I just redrew it in the end. Both lines were horizontal.