Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Never used this before coming from AutoCad and don't understand how onshape works.

james_beckjames_beck Member Posts: 2
Like is there anyway to make it so like in AutoCad it only shows can place a 45 or 90 degree angle if you click the symbol in the bottom right and is there a way to see how long a line is while i'm drawing it. I'm trying to use this as a cad for when i'm not using a actual computer and im stuck to a school chromebook.

Comments

• michael_mcclainmichael_mcclain Member Posts: 198 PRO
    I come from an AutoCAD background (4+ years) and AutoCAD and Onshape are just fundamentally different. You have to understand that AutoCAD is almost purely 2D, but Onshape is a 3D Parametric modeler. The transtition may be difficult at first, but after a bit, it will become easy. It can also depend on what type of projects you are doing in AutoCAD. They are vastly different programs and can be better or worse for particular project.

I suggest to check out the video library and also the learning center: https://learn.onshape.com/learn

Start out slow and be open to new ideas, but you luckily have found one of the best programs to learn with. Good luck and be vocal on the forums if you have any troubles or confusion. There are many great people just drooling on themselves to help 
  • Teaching_TechTeaching_Tech Member Posts: 25 ✭✭