Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape, CAD, maker project and design.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:

1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Learning Center Support

KatieHuffmanKatieHuffman Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 29
Use this category to get help with exercises in the Learning Center, request improvements to enhance your learning experience, and report outdated material. If you are having trouble with an exercise, please provide the course, exercise title, and description of the issue.

Comments

• mbartlett21mbartlett21 Member Posts: 788 EDU
  • mbartlett21mbartlett21 Member Posts: 788 EDU
    Also, in the course on detailed drawings, the tutorials on dimensioning is outdated.
  • KatieHuffmanKatieHuffman Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 29
    @mbartlett21 Thank you for the report. The preview image is updated, the detailed drawings course is on our to-do list to update.
  • thong_van_nguyenthong_van_nguyen Member Posts: 11

Hi katiehuffman, i finished the Onshape fundamentals of data management in some past day, I am waiting you release the certificate, but I have seen any releasing for its certificate.

• Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 941
    @thong_van_nguyen

Have you completed the survey at the end of the course?
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
    @thong_van_nguyen you should be all set now. You might have accidentally skipped the survey by clicking the next page arrow instead of the next question button, which will keep your certificate in a pending state. I manually granted you the survey anyway. You should have received an email notification and should see the certificate on your training dashboard.
  • thong_van_nguyenthong_van_nguyen Member Posts: 11
    Thanks Katie and Jake, I got the second certificate. Thanks so much Onshape team..
  • justin_36justin_36 Member Posts: 13 EDU
    @KatieHuffman

Don't know if I'm missing something: I'm trying to find the Assembly Documents to follow along in this Learning Center course

https://learn.onshape.com/learn/course/fundamentals-onshape-assemblies/mating-assembly-components/onshape-mate-types

Could you please assist?
    @justin_36 each document you need for an exercise can be accessed from the link in Step 1. You can then copy the public document to complete the exercise.
  • christopher_moore072christopher_moore072 Member Posts: 2 EDU
    Hi Guys, in the Fundamentals 3 (very last exercise) you have a large project to make the STEP out of Nylon. I have gone over everything step by step and can't find my discrepancy from your course outline. Yet when I get to the end my Mass is different from all of the 4 choices you offer. Because I have no good way to determine where my error is can you please let me know at what point my mass varies from your mass. That will allow me to zero in on where my mistake is. I am using rollback to jump to various spots and report Mass each time a new sketch is drawn.
    Roll to #2 Sketch: 5.072, Roll to #3 Sketch: 0.896, Roll to #4 Sketch: 1.192, Roll to #5 Sketch: 1.257, Roll to #6 Sketch: 1.418, Roll to #7 Sketch: 1.416, Roll to END: 1.403
    @christopher_moore072 the discrepancy seems to be between your sketch 4 and 5. You do have access to the completed public document in the self-check question. Just copy the document so you can rollback.
  • christopher_moore072christopher_moore072 Member Posts: 2 EDU
    Thanks Katie, the issue was that I had the first draft going the wrong way I was looking at the directions instead of checking in transparent view what the profile looked like on the draft. So guys be sure to check things from the side and ensure that your drafts are going in the proper direction.
  • joel_shprentzjoel_shprentz Member Posts: 2
    In Fundamentals 5: Onshape Assemblies / 02 Mating Assembly Components / Exercise: Basic Assembly / Step 10, the screenshot shows a section view of the cylinder to reveal its bottom inside face where a mate connection point is needed.

How can I create that section view?

Thanks.

• jakeramsleyjakeramsley Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 542
    hi joel_shprentz,

Please look at the section titled View parts sectioned with Section view here: https://cad.onshape.com/help/#moving.htm

and if you need to move it, you can use the manipulators

Jake Ramsley

Director of Quality Engineering              onshape.com
  • larry_haweslarry_hawes Member Posts: 271 PRO
  • joel_shprentzjoel_shprentz Member Posts: 2
    Thanks, jakeramsley. Your example and the linked help showed me how to use the section view.

@larry_hawes Thank you for pointing this out, we'll fix the video as soon as possible, as it is now the Enter key not the Tab key to switch dimensions.
  • hisham_ramadanhisham_ramadan Member Posts: 2
    @KatieHuffman

Hi Katie,
    During the past 10 days, I completed 2 "Learning Pathway":
    - Onshape Fundamentals: CAD
    - Onshape Fundamentals: Data Management
    Thank you for this interesting training. 

My question is :
    I received a Certificate of Completion. 
    why the Certificate does not have a reference number? License number?

Also, 
    I am interested in further training which are related to educators. Do you have a training for the trainers (ToT)?

Thank you,
    Hisham

@hisham_ramadan curremtly we do not issue certificate reference or license numbers, but this is something we are looking into.

We do have a college curriculum that you can reference and use for your class.

Thanks!
  • tony_yang568tony_yang568 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, this is Tony, I am currently going through fundamental path in learning center. I am struggling with this step:
    https://learn.onshape.com/learn/course/fundamentals-part-design-using-part-studios/creating-draft-shell-and-rib-features/exercise-step?page=2
    It is a excise on creating Draft, Shell and rib features(create a step), I have difficulty recreating Slide 15/30

My work is located here:
    https://cad.onshape.com/documents/1b7257a912b905482976f51a/w/c3e2320d9c1e6f4ea5d06847/e/0965c0bbf9889fd381379dc1

Would you please give me some guidance where I made mistakes? I have tried to remake this object twice stuck on the same step. 

Thanks!
  • Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 941
    Hi @tony_yang568

Sorry you're having difficulties!

On slide 14 it says that you should be making your sketch on the "Right plane".  Your sketch is on a face of your part, whereas the instructions are trying to tell you to place the sketch on the "Right" default plane.  When sketched correctly this looks like:

Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
  • larry_haweslarry_hawes Member Posts: 271 PRO
    Nice Jake,

I was going through the exercise and didn't run into any problems but appreciate you taking the time to spot the error.
  • tony_yang568tony_yang568 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Jack, I am speechless...and embarrassed ..should've gone out for a walk first..lol