Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
Release Management Questions
I've been looking through the help file on the new Release Management stuff and have a couple of questions.
- In the help file for releasing assemblies it states: "Released parts linked from other documents, in the Assembly, are reflected in the Create Release candidate dialog and no new revisions of the parts are created when the Assembly is released". What about parts that are within the same document? If I create a new revision for an assembly that contains a part which has not changed from the same document, will the revision of that part be bumped up as well?
- If a release candidate has been rejected, will the revision value (A, B, C..) get reused the next time a release candidate is created, or will it be bumped up to the next value.