Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Mouse scrolling issues in feature trees

Ed_McGuireEd_McGuire OS Professional Posts: 24 PRO

I use Chrome.  I have a laptop with a touchpad mouse. I can scroll with the right side of my touchpad everywhere except the feature & part trees. Months ago it use to work, stopped working then started again. It stopped months ago, and hasn't come back.

Again, I can scroll/zoom in/out in the graphic area. Also, when I insert, that dialog box scrolls fine. It's just the feature/part trees for both part tabs and assm tabs.

I have a support ticket open with @LouGallo.  I don't have firefox. I tried it in Opera.  It kinda works in the "tree" lists, but like only 5% of the scroll distance, and huge lag. Yet the graphic area scrolls/zooms fine.  

I have cerebral palsy and only use one finger.  It's a pain for me to have to click/hold the scroll bar. I have "click lock" on, but still.  

Something that would also help is to be able to move the scroll bar by just clicking below or above the actual "bar", like Word and everything else.  Rather than having to click/hold & drag the scroll bar.  

Has anyone else experience this?

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Ed_McGuireEd_McGuire OS Professional Posts: 24 PRO
    Update.  I noticed that I can scroll the feature tree if I have the mouse on the scroll bar.  I know there was a point in time where it would scroll when the mouse was anywhere on the "tree".  It would be awesome if that could be brought back.