Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.
First time visiting? Here are some places to start:- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.
Using hole feature in square tube
bill_daniels
Member Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
I often need to sketch a hole in one side of a rectangular tube which doesn't penetrate the opposite side. Usually I just pick a hole depth which insures full penetration of the near side but doesn't penetrate the far side. This seems wrong and it is confusing laser cutting shops. I should be able to choose "up to face" or something like that to specify a hole depth which goes through the near side but not the far side.
What have I overlooked?
What have I overlooked?
Tagged:
0
Answers
-
Agreed, right now you have to use a depth.
In Solidworks you would use the end condition"up to next"
This will say "THRU" in the Drawing
alternatively you could specify "Through All" as an end condition, and it will say " THRU ALL" in the drawing
I have found up to next to fail more often in Onshape, so the best solution I have found in onshape is blind
having bl ind 1/2" deep when the tube wall is 3/16" is confusing for some people
But I don't want to specify absolute Depth in the end condition because the wall and profile may Change and it is too easy to forget all your hole end conditions0
