Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Prevent Part Studio From Rebuilding with certain configurations

MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
I would like to be able to stop the Part Studio from rebuilding when certain configurations are selected.
mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
IR for AS/NZS 1100
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @mbartlett21 I would like to better understand this.  Why are you wanting this?  Is it mainly due to the regen time or having to wait?  I am not sure we want to have controls like that as they are more overhead that seems we should just try to do the right thing and know when a regen is necessary.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    ilya_baranilya_baran Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 1,175
    Do you mean you want to disallow certain combinations of configuration parameters?  Or do you actually want the part studio to fail to regenerate?  You could attain the latter behavior by putting a custom feature at the end that checks the combination and just deletes everything in some cases.
    Ilya Baran \ VP, Architecture and FeatureScript \ Onshape Inc
  • Options
    MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    @ilya_baran
    Yes to your first statement.
    I can't make the second behaviour work, because I can't use delete part on SM parts
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100
  • Options
    ilya_baranilya_baran Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 1,175
    We plan to do something for restricting certain combinations upfront, but it's not near-term.
    For deleting sheet metal parts, you have to "finish" them first in FS.  Here's an example that does this -- it deletes everything if the configuration is wood and anything over 20 inches.  Note that I used the new configuration FS id editing functionality to make the internal ids match the names for the configuration inputs: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/ebba8f836a72a78d77c9174e/w/b13c08d970512acdbdb10f26/e/b83e350f778196726eed5eac
    Ilya Baran \ VP, Architecture and FeatureScript \ Onshape Inc