Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

First time working with a customer in Onshape

john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,898 PRO
Today I was quoting a job for a customer over the phone. We kept modifying the layouts over and over.
So I finally just sent him a link to the document I was sketching in.

Not only could you hear is mind blow through the phone when I told him it updates in real time, he grabbed his boss and was talking up our company in the background. I was smiling ear to ear listening to that side bar conversation. :)

I only wish they could have seen "all" the sketch dimensions rather than clicking each entity though <_<

So yea, that kinda made my day today :)

Comments

• Options
    owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    Awesome :+1:
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    It would be great if you could send out 'follow-me' link that would follow also inside sketches. This way participant could be totally non-cad person and just enjoy the ride..
    //rami
  • Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,898 PRO
    agreed
  • Options
    emagdalenaC2iemagdalenaC2i Member, Developers, Channel partner Posts: 859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And share the audio or integrate Onshape with Skype or another tool like that
    Un saludo,

Eduardo Magdalena                         C2i Change 2 improve                         ☑ ¿Por qué no organizamos una reunión online?  
                                                                         Partner de PTC - Onshape                                     Averigua a quién conocemos en común
  • Options
    MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    3dcad said:
    It would be great if you could send out 'follow-me' link that would follow also inside sketches. This way participant could be totally non-cad person and just enjoy the ride..
    @3dcad

Why don't you make an improvement request? I'll vote
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100
  • Options
    michael_mcclainmichael_mcclain Member Posts: 198 PRO
    I have had this reaction several times now. It's great when the customer gets so excited to do business with me. As someone who works from Europe with clients around the world, they always question if we can collaborate and communicate the designs effectively. After 10 minutes they understand and are completely on board!

I would definitely love some more functionality like follow mode for non-signed up users. Not everyone is on board with signing up just to communicate something quickly.
  • Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO