Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Sheet metal templates.

bryan_lagrangebryan_lagrange Member, User Group Leader Posts: 798 ✭✭✭✭✭
I would like the ability to select a pre saved sheet metal template that when selected from a drop down list would fill all fields when starting a sheet metal model. You could either enter this information in an area set up for this in account settings or upload the information similar to custom materials are uploaded. To go along with this, if you were starting a new template have the ability to set the material type and after all fields were entered you could save it as a new sheet metal template where you would give it a new name and that information would be stored for future designs.

I logged an improvement request:

https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/9406/sheet-metal-templates#latest

Bryan Lagange
Bryan Lagrange
Twitter: @BryanLAGdesign

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    I'd also love a way to be able to have the selected material roll through to the stock material and automatically come in on the drawing. At the moment I am using a stock material library created by uploading a material properties spreadsheet, this works to save having to retype the chosen stock material for every part but kind of not really the right way to do it. The less time on adding meta properties the better, generally stock material is being chosen with the creation of the feature based on material properties so it would be the ideal spot to have input material info added upfront and get consistency.  and reduce post-processing work.
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • Options
    lanalana Onshape Employees Posts: 697
    @bryan_lagrange and @brucebartlett
    Thank you for this well though IR, I hope more describe their use cases so that we can come up with a universal design.
  • Options
    MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    @lana
    If this gets implemented, will FS functionality be released?
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100
  • Options
    lanalana Onshape Employees Posts: 697
    @mbartlett21
    This is most likely to be implemented on FS side, we'll try to make it as extendable as possible.
  • Options
    MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    +1
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100