Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Linked Document

breno_cruciolibreno_crucioli Member Posts: 5 EDU
In my current document, I have a subassembly where linked documents are located. This subassembly is located in my Main Assembly. When I create a new version of the "linked document" and update it in my subassembly, it works perfectly, but when I open my Main Assembly the changes are not there. Why does it happen?

Best Answer

Answers

• andy_morrisandy_morris Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 87
    Hi Breno,
    Did you create a new version of the sub-assembly?
    Regards,
    Andy
    Andy Morris / Head of Product Design / Onshape, Inc.
  • breno_cruciolibreno_crucioli Member Posts: 5 EDU
    Hi Andy. No, I didn't. My subassembly is not a linked document, it is an assembly inside my Main Assembly.
  • lanalana Onshape Employees Posts: 689
    @breno_crucioli
    We should be able to help if you publish a link to your document.
  • john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    edited July 2018
    I cannot re-create this behavior unless i set the subassembly to a version as well.
    Are you sure your sub assembly isn't set to a version of the main document?
    Try setting a new version in the main document (that holds the assemblies) and see if you get the blue link on your subassembly
    lana said:
    @breno_crucioli
    We should be able to help if you publish a link to your document.
    Hi lana, it is not possible because my project is Confidential. Thank you for your help.

I cannot re-create this behavior unless i set the subassembly to a version as well.
    Are you sure your sub assembly isn't set to a version of the main document?
    Try setting a new version in the main document (that holds the assemblies) and see if you get the blue link on your subassembly
    Hi john_mcclary. I tried to create a new version of my document as you said, but my status doesn't change. The think is, when I create a new version of my "linked document" the blue link is available in the "linked parts" inside my "subassembly". But when I click in the Main Assembly (inside the same document) the changes of my "subassembly" are not there.
    If your document is confidential you will need to submit your question using the feedback tool in your document

edited July 2018
    There is no "Feedback" tool, there is "Report a bug".

Could be because you are EDU, I'm sure it's the same thing
    It's ok. Thanks for your help, I'll try it that way. I was not sure if my question was a bug or just did not know how to use Onshape.