Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Onshape version?

nyholkunyholku Member Posts: 60 PRO
Is it possible to find out what is the current version of Onshape software that I'm using at any given moment?

This is basically just idle curiosity but this was prompted by a change or two in behaviour that I noticed.

Not 100% sure about this but previous creating a plane of a surface of a part 'isolated' anything sketched on that plane, now it looks like the features of that surface are included in the sketch in some shape or form.

Also today, which really prompted this question:
I exported a STEP file which previously when imported to Altium PCB CAD lost all the colors I have in Onshape now shows the colors in Altium.

So I was wondering if this is actually a change in software version in Onshape and thus a bug fix or if I've done something that now makes the colors work...?

Comments

• Options
    Matt_ShieldsMatt_Shields Member Posts: 256 PRO
    Click the help menu in the top right and then About.  You'll see that we are currently on release 1.180.  

The software updates roughly every 3 weeks:
    https://www.onshape.com/en/changelog/

"Disable imprinting" was added in 2021.

Not sure about the colors.
  • Options
    john_rousseaujohn_rousseau Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 368
    Look at the very bottom of the documents list page. 
    John Rousseau / VP, Technical Operations / Onshape Inc.
  • Options
    adrian_vlzkzadrian_vlzkz Member Posts: 260 PRO
    Click the help menu in the top right and then About.  You'll see that we are currently on release 1.180.  

The software updates roughly every 3 weeks:
    https://www.onshape.com/en/changelog/

"Disable imprinting" was added in 2021.

Not sure about the colors.
    Love the Change log and that you can search the history of updates and fixes, because it's honestly challenging to keep up sometimes, but by no means I'm asking for Onshape to slow-down  ;) 
    Adrian V. | Onshape Ambassador
    CAD Engineering Manager
  • Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,477 PRO
    What I'm unaware of is how to correlate the Onshape version (e.g. 1.180....) with the FeatureScript version (e.g. "FeatureScript 2345;") shown with the "show code" right-click on a part studio. When a document might not have been updated, the FeatureScript version is the clearest way I know to check. I sometimes end up creating a new document, checking the "show code" and then using that FeatureScript number to judge if another document hasn't been updated.

There must be another way, or at least there should. Could the change log show the FeatureScript version associated with the Onshape version? Is this always a one-to-one relation?

There also should be a better way than trashing and restoring documents to force an update.
  • Options
    romeograhamromeograham Member, csevp Posts: 664 PRO
    @S1mon wait, what??
    You can force an update by Trashing and then Restoring a document?
    Wow - I really do learn something every day.
  • Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,477 PRO
    Yep. I learned that from a post from @NeilCooke.
  • Options
    nyholkunyholku Member Posts: 60 PRO
    Thanks guys!
  • Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,002
    Yes very old trick however please note, if you are part of an Enterprise and lack the permissions to see the trash, it could be very uncomfortable if you go to the trash and cannot see the doc you moved there for the purposes of upgrade.  
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.