Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How do I import different versions of a part in an assembly to view side by side.

This is a typical client/team review situation.  Perhaps there is a different approach but I can't see it.

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    EMBASSY_DESIGNEMBASSY_DESIGN Member Posts: 6 PRO
    Gents,
    thank you for this,  I had worked out something similar.  I had hoped to be able to contain an entire project within one document but the only way of having a 'assembly of versions' is to have a separate assembly document.
    I have a separate assembly that has snap-shots versions.  "Crescent Moon- review assembly" if you want to check it out (I don't know how to link yet)
    Fortunately I can import this 'review assembly' into the original document as another assembly tab and it will update as I add move versions to the review assembly (but I need to make a new version in the review assembly).  "Bowl- Crescent Moon 01" if you want to check it out.

Many thanks.
    Michael