Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

public to private document

emile_daoustemile_daoust Member Posts: 6
edited December 2016 in Community Support
Hi, I want to change a document from public to private, how do I do? I use the free version of OnShape.

Thx

Answers

• Options
    TimRiceTimRice Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 315
    edited December 2016
    Please see this FAQ about the update to our plans: https://www.onshape.com/plan-changes
    Tim Rice | User Experience | Support 
    Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    peter_hallpeter_hall Member Posts: 196 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    comment deleted, leaving forum for a while too.
  • Options
    matt_miller289matt_miller289 Member Posts: 6
    So if I had a document that was private prior to Onshape changing their free plan and then I made the document public can I reverse that and change it back to private?
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,376
    @matt_miller289 there are no private docs on the public plan any more. You will have to upgrade to professional to make your docs private. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    @NeilCooke So I'd have to pay $125 just to change a single document back to private like it was?
  • Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    If you only have a single document Onshape Pro license might be a bit large cad for you. They have moved away from beta and over-generous freebies have turned into normal business. I'm afraid also monthly payment plan is history.

They still have free account though but only for public docs, shouldn't be a problem for non-commercial modeling. If you need professional cad, like Onshape, you need to prepare for $1500 annual cost. For Onshape that's all, for many others that's just for updates.

//rami
  • Options
    Wow. Well I was out before I even knew I couldn't change 1 file back to private after simply needing to get a measurement from a sketch, but now that I know it's $1500 annually with no monthly option then I'm super out. The Onshape team needs to seriously think about offering a monthly option that's MUCH cheaper than their only current paid option that would give a user at least a few private documents.

Thanks for the info @3dcad.

• Options
    David_137David_137 Member Posts: 1
    Apparently they leeched all the free consultation that they could handle from us & are now showing their true colors WRT welching on giving us the long term value for our up-front input that we were led to believe we would get when joining the beta program.  Classic dumping combined with bait & switch while holding our data hostage; unfortunately getting to be more & more predictable these days <sigh>.  I feel concerned for the people that they've effectively hooked & enslaved with their deceptive behavior.
  • Options
    chandu_guruchandu_guru Member Posts: 1
    when i clicked try professional it is showing 404 page not found