Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Using an image as part of an assembly?

daniel_garcia_gonzalezdaniel_garcia_gonzalez Member Posts: 1
edited June 2016 in Community Support
Greetings,

As part of an assembly I am preparing, I'd like to add a picture so it complements the assembly (a frame with a person, for example). Can this be done somehow?

Note: I do not want to use the picture as a template for a draft because the image is somewhat elaborated and is just to give perspective on how my assembly would look like if built and holdind such picture.

Answers

• Options
    ethanethan Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 24
    If I'm understanding you correctly this sounds like something you would do using a rendering software, I recommend trying a rendering software from one of our partners from the app store. They all have a free trial or offering.

Here is a link 
    https://appstore.onshape.com/apps/Rendering
  • Options
    jim_thomsonjim_thomson OS Professional Posts: 1
    edited January 2017
    I would like to do this also... it is available in other 3D cad packages already. E.G. SolidEdge allows you to place the image on a particular surface of a part. The only way I can make this work for now, is to make sketch with the image and keep it visible in the Part Studio. Not ideal and does not transfer to the assembly.
  • Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    Decals would be nice feature in part studio and assembly, it is not convenient to render half finished product just to get image in..
    //rami