Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Improvements to Onshape - January 12th, 2017

2»

Comments

• Options
    PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 519
    @carl_von_ayres It's not possible yet for section views and detail views.
  • Options
    owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    Can it be update time now please?

:):pB)

Owen S.
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • Options
    michał_1michał_1 Member, Developers Posts: 214 ✭✭✭
    Quite like Christmas... 
  • Options
    brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    @owen_sparks , must be close, I've checking each time to try and see any changes. 
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    If history repeats itself, few days before update this thread will roll away from top and make room for new ..
    //rami
  • Options
    emagdalenaC2iemagdalenaC2i Member, Developers, Channel partner Posts: 859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I think that the last update was one most important and I am pretty sure that soon will be released "the most requested update".
    I wouldn't normally think that the "most requested update" will be released inmediatly after a "great release", like the last one. But having said this...
    • Tuesday and Thursday are the most common days of a new update, as you can see

• The biggest difference in days between two releases was 28 (it was Christmast), and tomorrow will be the day 28 for this release
    • I don´t believe that the people in Onshape take in consideration if the last update was great or not to release a new one
    • And, finally... Tomorrow Onshape will be attending the Pacific Design & Manufacturing expo in Anaheim, CA. There will be more Onshape partners like OpenBOM, SimScale, etc. all together at booth 3401. Then maybe, just maybe, they will love to share that "most important update" there.
    As @oleg_shilovitsky, CEO and co-founder of OpenBOM usually says: Just my thoughts...

But my bet: Tomorrow, and the "most requested update" of Onshape.
    Un saludo,

Eduardo Magdalena                         C2i Change 2 improve                         ☑ ¿Por qué no organizamos una reunión online?  
                                                                         Partner de PTC - Onshape                                     Averigua a quién conocemos en común
  • Options
    brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    @3dcad yes that was my thought too, but now we are driving the old thread back to the top with these useless comments. 

Patience, good things will come to those who wait.
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • Options
    walterwalter Member Posts: 41 EDU
    did some one say sheet metal ?
  • Options
    jackson_kingjackson_king OS Professional Posts: 80 PRO
    Shhhhhh...  The first rule about sheet metal is that you don't talk about sheet metal.
  • Options
    walterwalter Member Posts: 41 EDU
    sorry i forgot
  • Options
    owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    edited February 2017
    OS Employee 1:- Do you have that flash drive with this month's update on it?  You know, the one with "the most requested update" included... o:)
    OS Employee 2:- I thought you had it. :o
    OS Employee 1:- Gosh Darn. :(
    OS Employee 2:- Should have put it on a cloud. :'(
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • Options
    michał_1michał_1 Member, Developers Posts: 214 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    emagdalenaC2iemagdalenaC2i Member, Developers, Channel partner Posts: 859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Sure, It's done!!! More ore less "ONSHAPE UNVEILS “SIMULTANEOUS SHEET METAL” TOOLS"
    :)
    And It looks awesome!!

Un saludo,

Eduardo Magdalena                         C2i Change 2 improve                         ☑ ¿Por qué no organizamos una reunión online?  
                                                                         Partner de PTC - Onshape                                     Averigua a quién conocemos en común