Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Multiple Parts from 1 Sketch

devon_sowelldevon_sowell Member Posts: 52 ✭✭
Multiple Parts from 1 Sketch, auto Colors too. Only 6 Mates required in the Assy

Cheers, Devon Sowell CarlsbadCAD
Devon Sowell
Engineering Consulting Partner
Professor, Engineering Technology, Palomar College, San Marcos, CA
sowelldevon@gmail.com
760 809 9046
CarlsbadCAD Carlsbad,CA
Tagged:

Comments

• brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    edited March 2015
    What I love <3 is I can buildup a layout sketch and basically build all my parts of the this 1 sketch.  In passed systems I have build my layout sketch in my assembly and build parts in context in the assembly which can be a bit time consuming. With the part studio a sketch and 1 extrude can build the basis for all the parts in an assembly.

Very minimal trim and cleanup required in sketches, eg. if a line extends pass a boundary it does cause the extrude to fall over. Don't waste time cleaning these edges up, as much as they look messy they don't mater.

You don't have to use as many construction lines or any at all, so it quicker to structure a sketch, once you have mastered the sketcher that is. 

Quick keys for constricts are a must to learn.
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977