Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Cannot add hole callout to drawing

gw_estepgw_estep OS Professional Posts: 13 PRO
I have several drawings in a document and on one of them, I cannot get the "hole callout" feature to work.  When I click on the hole callout button then try to place mouse over any hole in my document, no circle is every highlighted, in fact no element is ever highlighted.  I have a different drawing of another part in same document that works like it should.  I've closed my browser, close the tab, tried Firefox instead of Chrome with no luck.  What am I doing wrong in this particular drawing?

Answers

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,379
    Hi @gw_estep - are these holes definitely Hole features (and not just cut extrudes)? The Hole Callout will only select Hole features.

Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Definitely hole features.  I've since created additional drawings of other parts that have holes and the hole callout works fine in these drawings.  
  • Options
    mthiesmeyermthiesmeyer Onshape Employees Posts: 115
    edited April 2017
    Hi gw_estep,

Is this an old drawing/a drawing of an old part? It is possible that the part was created before we had hole callout information and the featurescript has been held back on the upgrades since then. Could you post a link to your document here or share it with support?

Thanks,

Mike
  • Options
    It is shared with support.  Here is a link to the drawing I'm having trouble with.  Thanks for taking a look at it.
    https://cad.onshape.com/documents/69e69643fbead9fd37b47f47/w/e1a2bb925b81e49a1166bffc/e/0e00b70cc2f8c92ab2c1830e
  • Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    I pulled a ticket for it. In some cases we might have to update the part studio. I will take a deeper look and respond to the ticket. 
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    DarK_AlximiKDarK_AlximiK Member Posts: 11
    edited March 2018
    I made one bracket bent sheet metal, 2 separate holes were made, 1 callout is working other one is not, intil old hole been suppressed and the new feature made on top.
  • Options
    Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    @DarK_AlximiK

Please submit a support ticket with the "Feedback" button under the "?" menu in your part studio.
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
  • Options
    DarK_AlximiKDarK_AlximiK Member Posts: 11
    @Jake_Rosenfeld

I solved the last one.

If it is relevant. I find call out resembles same information on partial countersink holes in cases where 2 parts or more drilled. What would be your suggestions to annotate perfectly?