Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

hole command

Ed_McGuireEd_McGuire OS Professional Posts: 24 PRO
i just tried using the hole command, but i want a 1/4-20 tapped.  according to my cheat sheet, that means that for 75% thread engagement, i need a 0.201" (#7 bit) hole.  

so i just cut extruded a 0.201 circle, and i'll note it by hand in my dwg.

to me, the hole command should have that option.  a 50% or 75% engagement option.  

that way in a drawing, when i dim that hole, it would pull the hole info and list "drill #7, tap 1/4-20".

like in the "Fit" option, u hv "Close" & "Free".  i would add "50%" and "75%" for tapped holes.

so if u picked 1/4-20 with a "Fit" of "50%", the actual dia would be 0.2188".

if u picked "75%", the actual dia would be 0.201".

Comments

• PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 518
    edited June 2017
    @Ed_McGuire Do you mean like this:

• chris_winters404chris_winters404 Member Posts: 37 PRO
    Hello Ed, 
    Here is a link to the youtube tutorial:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=408ixoD64QM
    If I ever come across a function or a need I search the forums and youtube. Onshape has free webinars on essentials on a frequent basis and they are open to Q&A. 
    Stay awesome and have a great week!
    Sincerely,
    Chris
  • Ed_McGuireEd_McGuire OS Professional Posts: 24 PRO
    Exactly Pete!!!!  I don't know how I missed that, but awesome!!!!!!!!

Thanks Chris.  I watch all the update videos.  Onshape is AWESOME for posting them.