Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Patterns

knuckledraggerknuckledragger OS Professional Posts: 9
Is it technically possible to do a sketch pattern?   I am dense and probably have not learned the new trick but seems to be something I have not been able to do in any package.   There are lots of pattern options linear, circular, curve etc.   For some reason in most cases they do not seem to work out for me without a bit of formula constraints etc.   In some cases we pattern at a higher density then hide the one we do not want.    Would it be possible for a guy to just draw some random sketch of holes then hit a bingo box to tell the system that this is actually a pattern of holes so it act like a pattern for assemblies when adding in mating parts?   Not sure if it would be useful or not.

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know I intensely dislike the way Solidworks implemented sketch patterns, which seemed to me pretty counter-intuitive, but I haven't given much thought to how they would ideally be implemented.

Does anybody have any worked out ideas?