Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

faceted circles displayed

simon_9simon_9 Member Posts: 17
One more for the community, although I suspect I know the answer to this one.
As I have proceeded with my latest project I have noticed that large diameter circles are becoming more and more 'faceted' - to the extent that it is difficult to determine where they cross lines for instance. Hopefully the snip explains more (the construction circle in the centre).

Is this a limitation of my graphics card and/or system memory (the former I suspect, the latter is showing at <50 use of the available 4GB), and given the nVidia GeForce 640 with 4GB of memory installed, is there anything I can do about it (I have run through the settings and tried a couple of options with no obvious effects)

Thanks in advance again.

Simon

Answers

• 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    I suppose there's nothing you can do. It's about Onshape (I think).

In Geomagic Design you can set circle facet from coarse to fine - coarse giving better performance and fine giving actually round circles.
    Maybe Ons will have something similar as the time goes on..
    //rami
  • Mark_MatthewsMark_Matthews Member Posts: 25 ✭✭✭
    I have the same issue and wondering if there are any settings for how fine the render mesh can be?
  • Paul_J_PremakumarPaul_J_Premakumar Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 197
    We don't have a setting for controlling how fine the mesh is. This issue is something we are aware of and looking to improve.