Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:

1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Export All Data

MilesIn3DMilesIn3D Member Posts: 6 PRO
For company purposes, they want to archive all finished projects on a separate internal hard drive. Is it possible to export an entire document (.zip for example). Preferably convert all of the 3D geometry into IGES/STEP/etc (or Solidworks if possible). All other files stay the same (jpeg, pdf, etc). Even if it takes a long time, I don't mind, I'm just hoping that I don't have to export each "file" individually. I do understand that I will lose the design tree, etc. but the purpose is just to have an additional copy for archive records within the company. Let me know your thoughts and if there is a better way of going about this. Thanks!
Tagged:

Comments

• lougallolougallo Member, Administrator, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,660
    Currently the only format we cannot export via the api is drawings but it in in the plan. The rest can be done with the api. 
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • MilesIn3DMilesIn3D Member Posts: 6 PRO
    In a general sense, I know what an API is, but I'm not sure what you mean by API, to export a document. Is there a way to export an entire document, or at least multiple tabs at the same time? The only way I know how to export data from Onshape, is to select a single tab and right click it and click "Export". 
  • Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,295
    @MilesIn3D

Here's a help page that describes our API better than I can:
    https://dev-portal.onshape.com/help

This is the easiest way to batch-export things from Onshape, and you could even write a program that automatically grabs all your parts/assemblies from Onshape, zips them up, and stores them in your vault by document! (No manual work for you in the long run)

As far as the UI goes, there is no current way to export an entire document as a .zip file.
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
  • JacobInglisJacobInglis Member Posts: 3 PRO
    Has anyone writen a program that can do this?