Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

View Cube - Not just standard views...

bruce_williamsbruce_williams Member, Developers Posts: 842 PRO

Tip to check out all the functions of the 'View Cube';

see the attached picture.  I just discovered arrows to 'rotate on axis normal to screen' on view cube; that is helpful because there is no keyboard shortcut for that....
www.accuratepattern.com
Tagged:

Comments

• MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    @bruce_williams

your note "iso views" should be renamed to "trimetric views".
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100
  • bruce_williamsbruce_williams Member, Developers Posts: 842 PRO
    @mbartlett21

thank you for the refinement!  It is ironic your post reminded me about those rotation arrows; I had forgotten and was trying for keyboard shortcuts again...
    www.accuratepattern.com
  • william_luckewilliam_lucke Member Posts: 5
    "Rotate on axis normal to screen" is limited to 45 degree increments that seem to be generated around an arbitrary axis... IE, they don't line up with my feature which is at 45 degrees to the primary Top, Right, Front planes.
    How to I rotate the view normal to the screen by an arbitrary amount?
  • bruce_williamsbruce_williams Member, Developers Posts: 842 PRO
    I do not think that is possible directly.  A workaround is to create a Mate connector at desired orientation then select Mate connector and N (normal).  Then you can use the Named views to save various 'model orientation' views.
    www.accuratepattern.com