Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

3D Drawings (MBD )

landon_baygerlandon_bayger Member Posts: 1
I have been searching through he forum and haven't been able to bind anything on the Model Based Dimensioning similar to that in Solid works.  This was a great feature that the shop truly enjoyed having and now that we have changed over to OnShape they are asking for more.  Does anyone know if these features exists to dimension on an isoview?  I have added a picture below to help with what i am after.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    @landon_bayger - Hello! :)

We fully recognize that this capability is becoming more common in Engineering workflows an absolutely will support it at some point in the future. 

We have a long list of requests (as you might imagine with so many users), that we are working through. The mechanism we use to determine what we work on next is the 'Feedback' tool for Pro users and the 'Improvement Request' voting for all users here in the forum.

Please feel free to add your voice so that we can add this at the appropriate time.

In the meantime, were you aware that you can add comments directly to geometry?
    Simply right click over a face, edge or vertex and select 'add comment'.
    The nice thing about this capability is that whomever views the comment will be returned to the same orientation and zoom as the time you created it. Way cool! :)
    Philip Thomas - Onshape
  • Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    I have put in request for this at some point and you should too - Onshape priorities things according to user requests.  

In my world, MBD would replace drawings in a heartbeat. Actually I was hoping to see MBD before drawings, but I knew there are many who need the actual print. Hopefully there are enough users to claim MBD so we could see a stab at it rather sooner than later.

I'm sure we get it at some point and properly done with Onshape style - we can expect something awesome B)

Any comments on current status @lougallo @PeteYodis ?
    //rami
  • Options
    MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    You can make sketches and insert text
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100
  • Options
    jeff_auamjeff_auam Member Posts: 5 ✭✭✭
    really cool,