Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Slow and Inconsistent Speeds

AuroraRonAuroraRon Member Posts: 120 PRO
I'm finding Onshape getting slower and taking MUCH longer to load now.  Speed tests and system checks are fine, no issues.  

One support ticket said I had many tabs in my project that take up a lot of resources so they increased the resources for the one document I'm working on. 
It improved on and off for two days.  I'm back to the same issue now and its so very frustrating when all your work in online and you can't access it. 
It has become a habit now to export everything so I can access it when needed because of the uncertainty.  Should not be this way.

Anyone else having these issue?   

Yes I've tried different locations, computers and browsers. 

Comments

• Options
    PauloPaulo Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
    AuroraRon said:

One support ticket said I had many tabs in my project that take up a lot of resources so they increased the resources for the one document I'm working on. 
    How many tabs in one document?
  • Options
    AuroraRonAuroraRon Member Posts: 120 PRO
    I work with sheetmetal.  One project has some 40 parts, each part is in a folder and each folder has a few tabs.  The tabs are the part, flat, dxf, step file and PDF versions of them.  Trying to keep it all very organized.  Seems like a logical way to organize it just as you would in any storage system.   

Here is an example.  

• Options
    brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    I 've had trouble with various documents slowing too. It's extremely frustrating when a document grinds to a halt which is normally as I am on a deadline to get drawings out and you have no tools to diagnose whats going on and taking steps to prevent this or improve performance. Normally my problem docs seem to have in this in common, 100+ hours spent them, part studios with 200+ features, sheet metal (extrude cuts), interrelated geometry across tabs with in-context or derives, collaboration across multiple server locations, 50+ tabs, folder structure in the document.  

I have received good help from support when I have run into problems and I know the team are working hard to improve speed and solve these problems. All I can say is keep reaching via the email with your support ticket. 

On the number of tabs, I've never been told that I have to many tabs in a doc but have been told to limit the number of tabs I open the browser. 

Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977