Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

So I tried to create a thread using this thread featurescript and now I can't even load a workspace

goury_gabrievgoury_gabriev Member Posts: 6
Onshape shows that there is "another user is creating new feature" which is somehow me and also a error message.
And nothing is working. Parts aren't loading, previous versions just hangs, this is going for almost a hour already.

WTF am I supposed to do?
I put a lot of work into that thing and now it's kinda in vain.

I also don't see a point in using this tool for commercial reasons if it can just hang and bury all your work with it.
With convenient software you can at least make a backup.
Here I have none, apparently.

Answers

• brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    The other user is there from a previous login, it will drop out after a while. Sounds like the browser has crashed, and you have re-logged in but there is still something going wrong, maybe try clearing the browser cache. 

What  browser are you using? I'd be using Chrome, Firefox or Safari(if on Mac).

Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • Paul_J_PremakumarPaul_J_Premakumar Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 197
    @goury_gabriev,

Please share a link to your document, it will be easier to help out.

Paul
  • goury_gabrievgoury_gabriev Member Posts: 6
    https://cad.onshape.com/documents/149695a0348fe2d9a3d7963c/w/bc8a86d1e2b0a8674d314c9f/e/e6f2dcfc5d9dd7c577acdbb7
    I already tried to drop cache, doesn't help much.
    My browser haven't crashed but may be your JavaScript have, I forgot to check browsers console that time.

Now it looks like this faulty operation is finally timed out and is just red.
    However, it is clear that more than an hour of timeout for such failures is unacceptable in some cases.
    And also there is something wrong with going back in history as it doesn't work when something is hanged like this.
  • lanalana Onshape Employees Posts: 693
    @goury_gabriev
    I'm sorry you've had a bad experience using Onshape. In case you get into similar state again please notice that you can access your document Versions and History info from the documents page 

Once there you can load or restore an earlier state of your document:

I tried this, it just hanged on loading

• PauloPaulo Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
    @goury_gabriev does it need a real thread? I made thread with helix, sweep cut - builds in 15 seconds. Maybe speak to FS author.

It takes much more than that to set up helix curve, plane, cut sketch and sweep.
    It is very not time efficient when you need to model few dozens of different threads.
  • PauloPaulo Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
    @goury_gabriev but much faster than waiting an hour no? Why you need to model threads?
    edited June 2018
    Why do you need to spend your time on routine and why do you need to question my needs?

It's clear that something is wrong either with Onshape or with that featurescript.
    Nothing is wrong in me not wanting to spend my valuable time on routine.

• Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    @goury_gabriev

Did you restore the history item that says "Insert feature - thread creator"?  You should be restoring the history item one before that item.
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team