Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Off Topic: Affinity Software

Don_Van_ZileDon_Van_Zile Member Posts: 195 PRO
edited August 2018 in General

Anyone who owns there owns a personal business or wants to create their own marketing materials at an affordable price; or looking looking to make sure they are using leading edge technology and utilize on their mobile devices at full throttle and usability.

Or, anyone with any creative talent - Check Affinity Designer out. ;)

In other words, parents you may notice your kids want to express there talents.

Creativity "breeds" innovation if you give your kids the tools.

The "Publisher" is coming (public Beta dropping Friday) 
from Affinity which has been long-awaited; the Tri-fecta to take Adobe on (bye Adobe). Adobe has some competition and Serif/Affinity - they've mastered mobile UX and usabilty...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IRqo-9W6gE

Publisher Beta dropped today!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObI4Q5-d_nQ

https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/

Comments

• Options
    adrian_vlzkzadrian_vlzkz Member Posts: 258 PRO
    Haven't tried it, but refreshing to have a fully capable alternative to Adobe
    Adrian V. | Onshape Ambassador
    CAD Engineering Manager
  • Options
    Markku_LMarkku_L Member Posts: 32 PRO
    Hi,

I have been using Serif's older desktop publisher PagePlus almost 10 years and really liked it. Just installed Affinity Publisher beta after long wait. It's a really good start. I don't have MS Word or any Adobe stuff...I don't need them, just enjoying Serif stuff :-)
    br
    Markku
    www.sloworks.fi
  • Options
    MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    @Markku_L
    Have you tried LibreOffice?
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100
  • Options
    Markku_LMarkku_L Member Posts: 32 PRO
    @Markku_L
    Have you tried LibreOffice?
    Sure, using it with MS Word-files etc, but I like Serif PP more when doing something from the scratch.
    br
    Markku
    www.sloworks.fi
  • Options
    Don_Van_ZileDon_Van_Zile Member Posts: 195 PRO
    edited September 2018
    PagePlus was my bread and butter for writing specs to communicate (Media Paradise and Serif made it easy and affordable). Affinity Publisher took a year or two too long, but a definately a good start.

Their Designer software is groundbreaking.

I use Techsmith's Snagit and Camtasia for video. Another great affordable software that changes how you're able to communicate with media.
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
    They are incredible adobe alternatives. It’s wonderful having all the same features in the iPad apps too.