Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Deleting Features

guy_rogelguy_rogel Member, User Group Leader Posts: 84 PRO
I want to clean up my feature tree.
But I am not sure when deleting a problematic features what child feature will be deleted as well
Is there an option to see "Parent child" relations between features ?

Answers

• konstantin_shiriazdanovkonstantin_shiriazdanov Member Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dependent features are not deleted when you delete a parent, they become red-colored indicating that they lost references so you can redefine reference sets or delete them
  • guy_rogelguy_rogel Member, User Group Leader Posts: 84 PRO
    So I would love to have the option to understand what are the dependent features so I can correct them before deleting the parent. some times when references are broken it's very hard to remember what was in the sketch and so on...
  • billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    suppress the feature, it's obvious which are the children as long if you have no other errors.

@guy_rogel this is a poor substitution for the functionality you are looking for.

• john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    @billy2 is correct, suppression is a quick, non-damaging way to check what would happen if the feature was deleted.

I think what you are requesting is something closer to Solidworks child-parent feature, which I admit really comes in handy time to time, but is turned off during the normal work week :)