Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Changing the part/assembly reference in the drawing.

ruben_lie_a_jenruben_lie_a_jen Member Posts: 3
I would like to be able to change the part/assembly reference in a drawing.
I haven't have to make drawings for parts that are very similar but with a few differences in size.
With autodesk inventor I used to make 1 measurement drawing of the part, use this as a template, and then change the part/assembly reference to a different part/assembly.
By changing the reference, all/most of the annotations/measurements remained in the new drawing And I didn't have to make a complete new drawing for another part.
I would like this ability also to be implemented in onshape if possible.

Tagged:

Comments

• Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    @ruben_lie_a_jen

Nice suggestion!  We like to track these kinds of things in the "Improvement Requests" section of this forum.  If you post something similar over there, it will automatically log a ticket internally for the request, and allow other users to vote on the request to allow us to prioritize this improvement.
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
  • CarbomechCarbomech Member Posts: 1 PRO
    +1
  • michael3424michael3424 Member Posts: 674 ✭✭✭✭
    +2

• john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    -30 hours of labor.
  • Mazie_HouchensMazie_Houchens Member Posts: 36 ✭✭
    was this ever get logged in improvement requests?