Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Dimensioning

derek_stonederek_stone Member Posts: 4
What is the most efficient method of adding dimensions to this frame?  I was hoping to use a chain dimension but cannot locate an option like that in onshape.https://cad.onshape.com/documents/b91f9b0ed241405649002bae/w/c0ba82c72402fc1d25ee2c68/e/ada853b04c3ddc690f93c3ff

Comments

• MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    Do you mean ordinate dimension in a drawing?
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100
  • billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    like @mbartlett21 says, you can use ordinate (left) or change to the dim's on the right. You can't have both.

Watch your tolerances, add something to the title block for tolerance ranges. I'd make the views bigger.
    Detail out the welds, I'd add some straightness and perpendicularity callouts. Add some notes with material, finish and possibly some grinding instructions. Add callouts for which beams you're using. Not sure the right view is necessary. 

If you rotate primary view 90 degrees, it fits the page better.