Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Custom DWT Update/Push

DWalshDWalsh Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
Is there a way to update an existing custom Onshape based drawing template (i.e. update a company name/logo) and push an update to all existing drawings? Or a way to "change/replace" the template originally used to make a drawing?

Comments

• billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    Yes,

Make your changes to a drawing without any views and then export as dwt. 

I put the original drawing with the exported dwt in a document which I have in a folder called library. I only have one drawing document containing all my drawing templates.

Onshape scans your account looking for dwt's and will show them when creating a new drawing. The first time using a dwt, they're some what hidden, but they're there. Once you use one, it's in the recently used area and easier to find.

You don't have to use acad or some acad clone. You can do it all in onshape.

• sebastian_glanznersebastian_glanzner Member, Developers Posts: 398 PRO
    I would also like to know how to update the title block on existing drawings.
  • brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    edited January 2019
    No, 

What @billy describes is how to create your first DWT but once created there is no easy way to update drawings using the DWT format if the original is modified, which tends to happen a lot for me. The only way I can get the dwt temple updated on an existing drawing with old rev template is by deleting the old bits on the drawing then cut and paste new format from a newly created drawing in another tab and manually positioning as I never get it to drop where I want it.

https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/comment/26931#Comment_26931 
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    Sorry, you can't update a drawing template like bruce says. 

Did vote up the enhancement request saying I wanted this.