Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Sheet Metal corner question

Hey all, I'm just getting into some sheet metal design in Onshape. Well, it's actually not for sheet metal... I'm designing for cardboard and coroplast. Occasionally I design and create cardboard boxes and other shapes that I want to lay flat and cut with my dragknife and crease tool:

https://www.donektools.com/

https://www.donektools.com/product/creasing-attachment/

The way Onshape lays out sheet metal is awesome for this. I can use the bend lines to runt he crease tool, and cut on the outlines of my sheet metal drawing. I'm running into one small snag though, when I do a flange I'm getting these little jogs on the corners:

No matter what settings I use in sheet metal I can't seem to tease these out. I can get them smaller if I turn down the bend radius, but I can never actually remove them. I assume they're for something related to welding or other sheet metal fab stuff, but for my particular application I don't need them. Not only do I not need them, but with those little jogs it can cause the machine to pick up the blade unnecessarily when cutting. Can these be removed?
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    @eric_schimelpfenig

Can you post the link to your document here? (Instructions here)
    Happy to take a look at whether there is a workaround.
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team