Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Browser refreshing below 60Hz in the Performance check.

Hi,
Got a new laptop and running a system check I get the message :

"The performance test was not run because the browser is refreshing below 60 frames per second. Verify that the browser is using the expected GPU and your display is refreshing at 60hz or greater. "

I'm using the latest version of 64 bit Chrome, the laptop has an 8th Gen Intel i5 8250U processor and intel integrated UHD 620 graphics.

Any clues as to how to improve the browser refresh rate?

Best Answers

• andy_wilson530andy_wilson530 Member Posts: 7 PRO
    Answer ✓
    Thanks Neil. You're right....Onshape does run just fine. I was just interested to see how much better this machine would perform over my older setup.

Answers

• andy_wilson530andy_wilson530 Member Posts: 7 PRO
    Answer ✓
    Thanks Neil. You're right....Onshape does run just fine. I was just interested to see how much better this machine would perform over my older setup.
  • Paul_J_PremakumarPaul_J_Premakumar Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 197
    We have some suggestions on the Graphics performance help page : https://cad.onshape.com/help/Content/webgl.htm?TocPath=Welcome%20to%20Onshape%20Help|_____1 , this is under the Graphics Performance: Desktop section. 

Troubleshooting the performance check

If the performance check was not executed due to a low refresh rate (less than 60hz), or the check resulted in an unexpectedly low triangle/line count, these troubleshooting steps may lead to better results:

• Ensure that the performance check page window is in focus throughout the test.
    • Limit the amount of other activity going on in the test system. If another CPU/GPU-intensive program is running simultaneously, it could steal resources from the test and affect the results.
    • In case of dual graphics systems, ensure that you are getting the expected GPU. On some systems the browser is limited to the integrated GPU, which may not perform as well as the discrete GPU. Consult the GPU documentation or the operating system help to ensure the browser is able to access the GPU of your choice.
    • The performance test will not be run if the browser is not updating at (at least ) 60 frames per second. Certain combinations of displays, cables, and GPUs will result in a reduced refresh rate. Check your GPU specifications to ensure that the GPU can support a 60 hz refresh rate at the native resolution of your display. Also ensure that your display cable (e.g., HDMI) supports the given resolution and refresh rate. A reduced refresh rate does not affect the overall number of triangles Onshape can display, however you may experience some drop in interactive performance. You can use this site to test the refresh rate on your browser: https://www.testufo.com/refreshrate