Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Dashed lines on some parts in assembly but not others?

len_2len_2 Member Posts: 8
edited May 2015 in Community Support
I have a fairly simple assembly that has 5 parts. What seems confusing is that only one of the parts shows dashed lines on its hidden geometry while the other four do not. I can't see what's unique about the part that has dashed lines. The part in question is "top plate" in the linked drawing, which I have made public.
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/90b51cb43367462cbdb20f18/w/dd05c1f85905449f95212432/e/1785d0db78714c2fa12f748c

An unrelated question is, "Is this the best way to point to a drawing when asking help?"

Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• len_2len_2 Member Posts: 8
    edited May 2015
    Wow! That was pretty snappy response time! Also, I find it incredibly useful that a live project can be shared in this way when asking for help.
  • 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    Happy to help, I had similar situation in the beginning. I had accidentally created empty skecth on face of a part an I was wondering why this part appears through other parts..

If we all help each other when possible, we will free up resources for Ons to build us better tools..
    //rami
  • andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

<<If we all help each other when possible, we will free up resources for Ons to build us better tools.. >>

An unerring sense for the common good from @3dcad. Kudos is appropriate, I reckon,  along with (hopefully) emulation