Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

SECTION VIEW IN ANDROID HATCHED (AND CLASHES RED HATCHED)

AQVAcaldaAQVAcalda Member Posts: 8 PRO
The section feature for ANDROID is useless if hatching the part sectioned is not working!!

Moreover, clashes are not marked in RED, as in OnShape for Desktop.

I thought that was more a malfunctioning needing solution, that a request for "improvement"!!

Seriously, guys: Sectioning in Android is simply not working (in the way it is supposed to be).

This is all but professional to show such a project draft to my client, "on-the-go" with an ANDROID device!

Tagged:

Comments

• christian_eatonchristian_eaton Member Posts: 2
    At least you Section View on desktop!

I can get it on Android, but it's disappeared from my view menu in desktop:

• MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    @christian_eaton
    You can only use section view when you are not in a feature. (Set up your section view before editing the  feature)
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100
  • lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    I will pull this and respond with you. That appears to be some bug or an issue with your device's graphics.  I will reach out soon.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • AQVAcaldaAQVAcalda Member Posts: 8 PRO
    unless i am wrong, i cant see any more the "section view" in the Android App. Is it because you are working on it, in order to solve the bug with the graphics? By the way, section view didnt work  in both my devices (samsung and huawei). it seems strange that issues are only with these devices due to devices' graphic issues.. 
  • christian_eatonchristian_eaton Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2019
    @christian_eaton
    You can only use section view when you are not in a feature. (Set up your section view before editing the  feature)
    @MBartlett21  Even when I'm not in a feature, just in a part studio editing nothing, there is still no option for section view in the view drop down :neutral:
  • IsoThermIsoTherm Member Posts: 66 PRO
    Ditto here. I do most of my modeling on a laptop but use my phone in the shop for dimensions all the time. The OnShape app on my Pixel 3 doesn't have a view section command. I could REALLY use it.

• TKovitTKovit Onshape Employees Posts: 2
    @IsoTherm - we've created a customer support ticket for you. You shouldn't have any problems doing section view on a Pixel 3 since the device supports the necessary Open GL 3 extensions. We have a Pixel 3 testing device in the office and we are able to use section views without any problems.
  • john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    edited April 2019
    @christian_eaton @IsoTherm
    can you do a system check? https://cad.onshape.com/check

I'm not sure if it would hide the option from the menu, but I think section is disabled if your graphics drivers are not working
    Its a shot in the dark from a screen shot on another post
    but Its worth checking