Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

ISO Standard Content Lock washers

john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
Am I  blind? I cannot find metric lock washers.

I can see them with ANSI though

Best Answers

• Jason_SJason_S Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 210
    Answer ✓
    I just added them, you didn't miss them :)

I thought ISO was the generic Metric standard too before we did Standard content. @PeteYodis and I have learned how standards are picky and everybody has their own :smile: .
    Support & QA

Answers

• john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    Ah, i looked for lock washer in din too, i missed it there. (I was blind then) :)

As far as iso / din whatever, isn't important to me, I just need a metric fastener. Not sure why there are so many standards for a system that was trying to standardize everything... i just assumed ISO was the generic metric everything.
  • Jason_SJason_S Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 210
    Answer ✓
    I just added them, you didn't miss them :)

I thought ISO was the generic Metric standard too before we did Standard content. @PeteYodis and I have learned how standards are picky and everybody has their own :smile: .
    Support & QA
  • john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    Sneaky sneaky  :p
  • brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    I also find it hard to find Metric content. The standard doesn't mean a lot to me but I am now looking on the boxes of my fasteners and on my web orders to see what standard they are meeting. Some of the metric content will cover various standard whereas others will vary between standards. 
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977