Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Move sketch to the origin

andrea_boschettiandrea_boschetti Member Posts: 7
When I import a sketch sometimes it is imported very far to the origin so is difficult to find it. is it possible to move the sketch to the origin?
thank you in advance

Best Answer

Answers

• sharjeel_faizsharjeel_faiz Member Posts: 6
    This was an excellent video. Thanks

• tyler_durden157tyler_durden157 Member Posts: 4
    would be good if there was a button "Center and Arrange" that would do this automatically instead of the current solution
  • rraffaell73rraffaell73 Member Posts: 8
    When the imported file is in STL format, for example, there is no option to use the Transform command in the tools... How do I move this imported file to the origin?

• glen_dewsburyglen_dewsbury Member Posts: 559 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    When the imported file is in STL format, for example, there is no option to use the Transform command in the tools... How do I move this imported file to the origin?

The transform tool works fine.
    https://cad.onshape.com/documents/b90a63cec600990649097202/w/e4d74e1141bd02032f427eb7/e/2fa4774abb25fa0b115ca56d

Main, transformed by x.y.z o a given distance.
    If you don't know the distance or can't measure the distance directly then look at suppressed items to make a sketch that can give measurements.

version 2, transformed by points
    I did sketch a new point where I wanted to transform the stl from.

version 1, original location

• robert_scott_jr_robert_scott_jr_ Member Posts: 300 ✭✭✭
    To avoid confusion: There are two Transform tools. One is used inside a sketch to deal with sketch entities. The other is outside of a sketch for parts and surfaces. - Scotty