Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

When will Loft feature be added?

albert_sebastianalbert_sebastian Member Posts: 2
Hi i dont know if this was already asked. But its a great feature. sweep cant do everything.
Tagged:

Comments

• 3dexter3dexter Member Posts: 89 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    albert_sebastian this has been requested!

=> Loft <=
  • philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    Prepare to be amazed :)
    Philip Thomas - Onshape
  • philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    Ok, i jumped the gun - prepared to be amazed . . . tomorrow! :)

Philip Thomas - Onshape
  • brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    @Philip Thomas Awesome, starting think it was that time again.
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • pete_yodispete_yodis OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 666 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2015

@Philip Thomas @BruceBartlett
    When will then be now.... :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5drjr9PmTMA

• 3dexter3dexter Member Posts: 89 ✭✭✭

???  :/
    @3Dexter - yup, lesson learned, don't tease forum members with new functionality! Seriously though, it's coming :)
    Philip Thomas - Onshape
  • david_sohlstromdavid_sohlstrom Member, Mentor Posts: 159 ✭✭✭
    So is Christmas :)
    David Sohlstrom

Ariel, WA
  • john_f_carrjohn_f_carr Onshape Employees Posts: 74
    Please buy a professional subscription so we can afford to buy Philip a delete key.
    It's brutal on this thread and yes, i have been catching flak here at the office too.

And just to clarify - the 'amazed' comment was intended to reflect that Lofting would have been released within 24 hours of this thread starting and not for any other reason. As it happens - our ever diligent QA staff wanted to make sure that all was right before they let it out.

:)
    Philip Thomas - Onshape
    You have thousands of QA inspectors here on the forum. We would tell you in less time than it takes me to type this if it were not working correctly.
    David Sohlstrom

Ariel, WA
  • brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    Hey @Philip Thomas  just check again, reckon your 24hrs might be up.  

Wake up Mum and Dad I want to open my presents.
    @BruceBartlett - ha ha! Santa has wrapped the presents - we're waiting on the elves to copy them around the world :)
    Philip Thomas - Onshape
    Santa just crawled down the chimney! :)
    Philip Thomas - Onshape
  • john_f_carrjohn_f_carr Onshape Employees Posts: 74
    So far he has only crawled down new documents' chimneys.
    @Philip Thomas

Then is Now!
    The elves haven't made it to Australia Yet. 
  • andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far he has only crawled down new documents' chimneys.
    Ah, yes, but when you open up those new documents, they have that delicious smell of paint which has not yet dried...
    Yay!
    The elves haven't made it to Australia Yet. 
    They are coming via NZ; wait your patience, Bruce!
    @Andrew_Troup - Andrew, for the next 24 hours (or so) as we upgrade all the existing documents, you will only see the new capabilities in NEW documents.
    Philip Thomas - Onshape
    First try worked. Now move on to getting a grid system and snap to grid when sketching.

Dave
    David Sohlstrom

Ariel, WA
  • lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    edited May 2015
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
    edited May 2015
    @Philip Thomas  Actually, maybe my post was too subtle. Thanks to @john_f_carr , I had already twigged that (for the moment) it was only new documents which were loft-enabled (and in fact, I had already started my first model using the loft feature)

In the post you noticed, I was trying to console (or at least trying to be seen to try to console) my Trans Tasman colleagues for once in their lives, for the fleeting impression that their great and glorious nation was behind us in the queue.

so again, Yay for the team at OnS. Lofty ambitions are being solidly met, one key feature at a time.

My first try was lofting the nose of a kayak, to a point, and I'm entirely happy with the result and with the implementation of (simple) guide curves.
    edited May 2015
    LouGallo said:
    @LouGallo @Philip Thomas

With there being a "New breakthrough" in CAD marketing... cloud based CAD and "Instant Cassettes" - "they're out in stores before the movie is finished"  (take that desktop land)... I think it should be your new tagline for releases... "Now is Now!..."  "Prepare to Fast forward"

Maybe even with a video clip of Spaceballs thrown in for good measure.  It will keep all of us forum patrol nerds with ADHD in check as we make fun of ourselves.

Awesome new release guys.  You're killing it.

Ilya Mirman - I dare you to run a blog post with the Now is Now spaceballs theme :D for the release cycle of Onshape.
  • ilya_mirmanilya_mirman Member Posts: 24
    @Pete_Yodis  - this is serious business.
  • 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    This whole thread could be used in marketing with topic: Precise updates for serious professionals  ;)=)
    //rami