Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Drawings in iPad app...just a viewer!

mark_rendermark_render Member Posts: 10
There is no functionality in the ipad app for drawings apart from viewing desktop created sheets.
  Is this going to change soon?

Comments

• lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    Yes. Editing for drawings is not yet implemented but we have full intention to have full cad on mobile. 
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • davidw34davidw34 OS Professional Posts: 13 PRO
    Any idea when?  I use the iPad app most of the time and this is sorely needed.  Is it waiting on the development of ares touch for iOS?
  • mark_rendermark_render Member Posts: 10
    Yes, sorely needed.
  • colemancoleman OS Professional Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    Totally agree with you guys.  The iOS app yields much better performance over the browser version.  Speed is better, I feel like I am sort of holding the model in my hand and it NEVER lags.  

I really enjoy using the iOS app.  The limitations of course are the inability to upload parts from suppliers, drawings and other features that have not made it to the app yet.  

Can we create drawings in the iPad app yet?
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    Not yet. Purely technical reasons. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
    Any idea if it is weeks, months or years away?
    Certainly not weeks, probably not months. We don’t disclose timeframes on new features, but the more votes we get (see improvement request category) helps prioritise development efforts. 
  • paolo_ciancipaolo_cianci Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    And with the new ipados?
    Same