Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Is there a way to delete all in the dialog boxes?

a_eliasa_elias Member Posts: 2
If I have a sketch with 20 parts, such as an imported DXF and I want to make an extruded surface from the sketch, I have to click each sketch part.  

If I update the DXF for some reason, I have to delete all the previous sketch parts before I can begin selecting the new sketch parts.  

Is there a way to remove all in the chamfer, fillet, extrude and other dialogs?

Best Answer

Answers

• owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    edited June 2019
    I believe the @a_elias is asking how to bulk clear existing selections from existing features. Is that correct?

So to clear the highlighted area:-
    Just left click on any white area beside your model and then hit the space bar it will clear all those selections.
    @Jake_Rosenfeld Thanks for suggesting that design book, now we have the correct lingo we can suggest  it's not the user's fault for not knowing, it's the software's fault for lacking "indicators" for the "affordances" in some of the UX :-)
    Cheers,
    Owen S.
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    @owen_sparks

@a_elias

You can clear selection by right clicking in the graphics area and choosing "Clear selection"
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100
  • owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    edited June 2019
    @MBartlett21 Thanks :+1:
    I tend to zone out half way through reading the context sensitive menu items so probably miss more than I should.  That being so a "clear all" icon in the feature dialogue would be more natural in my opinion.
    Cheers, Owen S.
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    you have to have the selection input box as the focus, especially when the dialoge has more than one selection set. 

So you don't need to select white space.